Thanks to the support of our donors and a great partnership with the Queens Museum, The Neustadt sponsors a number of invaluable programs that enrich lives and nurture the next generation’s love of art, culture and history. The Neustadt is the only organization providing such an intimate opportunity to experience Tiffany Glass.
Here are some of the programs that donors helped support in 2017:
- Offered a 10-week exploration of Tiffany’s artistic career for all PS 14Q’s second graders. Students were encouraged to experiment with the effects of color, light, and transparency in the making of their own “Tiffany” lamps, which were exhibited at the Queens Museum.
- Provided an opportunity for children with disabilities to connect with nature through a study of Tiffany’s floral lampshade motifs. Children first made color sketches of real flowers which then inspired the creation of nature-based stained-glass window designs.
- Engaged adults with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers in hands-on workshops to create artwork using The Neustadt’s collection as inspiration.
- Expanded the ArtAccess traveling exhibition for hospitals treating school-age children to include St. Mary’s Hospital for Children, the Zucker Hillside Hospital, and the Elmhurst Psychiatric Hospital’s in-patient unit and partial hospitalization program for adolescents.
- Conducted virtual exhibition tours for homebound adults using teleconferencing and large-print booklets featuring photographs of lamps from The Neustat’s collection. Offered in collaboration with the Queens Library.